The Port of Charleston landside operation is smooth and efficient. Our cruise team has decades of experience in politely and professionally working with both cruise operators and passengers, all the while maintaining an excellent relationship with security and Customs and Border Protection staff. Details on our landside operation are provided below.
Passenger Terminal: 18,000 sf
Passenger Terminal (M): 1,672 sm
- Climate controlled heat and AC.
- Indoor check-in and Customs area.
- Dedicated information desk available to assist passengers and crew as-needed.
- Private office and telephone for agents and shipline use.
- Elevator. Fully handicap-accessible.
- Moveable check-in counters.
- Public address system for announcements/music.
- Handtrucks, carts and wagons for portage of passenger luggage.
- Safe and convenient gangway system in place.
- Passengers may board at dock level or via an upper-level balcony.
- Dedicated pierside access for supply delivery.
- Landside and waterside security provided by SCPA Port Police, U.S. Coast Guard, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
US Coast Guard: 843/724-7616
US Customs and Border Protection: 843-579-6500