The Port of Charleston is rapidly emerging as the go-to port in the Southeast for cold chain business. Loaded reefer business has grown 110% since 2011. Freezer capacity has grown dramatically as well with several new and expanded freezer operations. Whether you are making a port selection decision for the routing of freight or choosing a location to make a port-dependent cold chain investment, the Port of Charleston is an ideal choice.
Efficient & Flexible Terminal Operations
The Port of Charleston employs a highly efficient reefer handling operation that requires no racking fees and expedites pick-up and delivery.
- Reefer Storage: Wheeled/Grounded
- Racking or Facilitation Fee: None
- Holiday/Weekend Gates: Available
- Power: Shore Power/Genset
- Double Moves: Yes
- On-Site Repair & Prep: Yes
- Portwide Reefer Slots: 1,705
- Wando Welch Terminal: 1,325 Slots
- North Charleston Terminal: 380 Slots
- Specialized Truckers: Yes
- Specialized Warehousing: Yes
You owe it to yourself and your business to take another look at Charleston for your reefer cargo.
Our cold storage partners are a critical part of Charleston’s rapid growth for reefer cargo:
Hugh Brown, General Manager
Lineage Logistics/Palmetto Commerce
Marc Malone, VP-Business Development
Mobile: (863) 640-8496
Jim Henderson VP Sales & Marketing