Port of Georgetown
1324 Dock Street Georgetown, SC 29440
No container? No problem. Located approximately 60 miles north of Charleston, the Port of Georgetown is South Carolina’s dedicated breakbulk and bulk cargo port. With an expanded berth, ample open and covered storage, specialty cargo handling facilities, and a team of workers experienced in the field, Georgetown can handle your cargo efficiently, safely, and at an attractive price. Top commodities for the Port of Georgetown are steel, cement, aggregates, and forest products.
Directions From I-95:
Take exit #119 on Hwy. 521 East. Proceed east on 521 approximately 68 miles to Georgetown. At the intersection of 521 and Hwy. 17, turn south (right). Follow road less than one mile and bear right before you get to the foot of the Sampit River bridge. Proceed parallel to the bridge for a short distance and turn left under the bridge to enter the terminal.
Directions from Hwy. 701 and Hwy.17 North:
Follow the highway south into Georgetown. Follow road less than one mile past the intersection of Hwys. 17, 521, and 701 and veer right before you get to the foot of the Sampit River bridge. Proceed parallel to the bridge for a short distance and turn left under the bridge to enter the terminal.
Directions from Hwy. 17 South:
Follow Hwy. 17 northbound into Georgetown. Cross the Sampit River bridge. At the foot of the bridge turn right at the sign for the port terminal.
- Distance to Sea Bouy: 13.5 miles.
- Project Depth: 27 feet at Mean Low Water. (The channel is not currently maintained at project depth.)
- Current Depth: 18-feet (as of November 2015). For confirmed current specifications contact our Terminal Manager at 843-577-8671.
- Air Draft: Unrestricted.
- Tidal Current: 1.0 – 1.5 knots.
- Tidal Range: Approximately 3.3 feet.
- Pilot Time: 1.5 – 2 hours. Local pilotage is required.
- Berth: 4 berths totaling 1,800 feet.
- Water: Available at all berths.
- Tug & Tow: Available through McAllister Towing.
- Open Storage Area: 27.9 acres.
- Warehouse space: 2 buildings totaling 103,000 sf. Rail-served.
- Other Buildings: 3 sheds totaling 36,800 sf. dome with 2 side buildings.
- Mobile Cranes: Available for rent.
- Rail Served: CSX is on-site with siding that accommodates 75 railcars.
- Truck Scales: On-site.
- Customs & Border Protection: Services available on-site.
- Specialized Capabilities: Cement, metals, aggregates, and forest products.