Union Pier Terminal (UPT) is designed to move breakbulk cargo with care. Whether shipping forest products, metals, heavy equipment, project cargo or any other traditional breakbulk commodities, Union Pier has a unique combination of capabilities, equipment, and people to get the job done right. We have ample open storage, rail-served dockside warehouses with smooth transitions and sealed floors, and a team of experts with decades of experience handling non-container business.
Physical Address: 32 Washington St. Charleston, SC 29401
Driving Directions: From I-26 head SE, take exit 219-B. At bottom of ramp turn left. Continue on Morrison. The street name will change from Morrison Drive to East Bay Street. Follow the green highway signs to Union Pier Terminal.
Google Map Directions
Terminal Manager: 843-577-8776
- 2,470 continuous feet of berth space
- Over 500,000 square feet of sprinkler-protected transit sheds
- Multiple rail lines serving warehouses and dockside open storage areas
- Covered rail access to all warehouses
- Asphalt and concrete open storage areas
- Smooth transitions between dockside aprons and ground-level open storage
- Excellent security with visibility-restricted screening on chain-link and
- Barbed-wire fencing with 24 hour security monitoring
- Easy access to I-26
- Less than one hour to open ocean
Project Depth: 35 feet MLW. For confirmed current specifications contact our Harbor Master at 843-577-8192.
Download a terminal map.
Download the Trucker’s Guide.
Download the Terminal Traffic Safety Guide.
Download the Privately Owned Vehicles (POV) & Vehicle Carriers Guide .